This is a really simple quick recipe that tastes delicious and is really low carb friendly! The greek yoghurt adds a creaminess while keeping the calories low.
I have to say I absolutely love the Weber seasoning products. I think they add a lot of flavour and pack a good punch as an alternative to using salt and pepper all the time.
To see the range they do, check out their website:
For this recipe I used their Zesty Lemon seasoning:
It already contains salt so no need to add that in! It also has other yummy flavourings like red bell pepper, garlic, lemon zest, onion and paprika. It really gives this soup a kick and I love it!
I used the greek yoghurt to give a bit of thickness and creaminess while keeping the carbs and calories lower than some soups. It also matches the lemon seasoning well.
The soup was very easy to throw together and could be done in under 10 min if you were in a hurry! Basically boil the frozen broccoli (you could use fresh if you prefer but might take a few more min) in the beef stock, use a hand blender to break up the broccoli and add in the seasoning and yoghurt.
This soup would make a great side dish to some chicken for a very healthy lunch!
- 2 -3 cups Frozen Broccoli
- Beef stock
- Weber Zesty Lemon seasoning
- 2 tablespoons natural greek yogurt
- small dollop of natural yogurt
- Place the frozen broccoli, water and beef stock into a sauce pan and bring til a boil, cook until broccoli is tender
- Blend broccoli using an immersion bender (stick blender)
- Season to taste with Lemon seasoning
- Simmer until desired thickness is reached
- Add in two spoons of greek yogurt (or more if you like)
- Stir well and enjoy!