After 4 weeks of indulging in lots of good food I felt a need to make something with a bit more vegetables! Lets get back to the low carb and healthy life..
This was quick and easy to throw together and had lots of rich flavours.
I fried off some bacon first, removed it and then added in the shallots so they’d cook in the bacon drippings (yes, I still think this is healthy!) And utterly tasty, it wasn’t too much so I don’t feel bad at all!, I added the courgettes to this to soak up all the remaining drippings.
I added the other veg then cooked til it was tender to my liking, popped in the goats cheese and let it melt over the heat for a few minutes before plating up. Then toss in the bacon!
I added a slice of prosciutto on top and served with olives on the side for a real mediterranean feel.
I really love the combination of goats cheese and red peppers, they work very well together.
I didn’t really measure things so I’ve just given estimates in the recipe. Try it with other veggies and let me know what you think.
GOATS CHEESE & STIR-FRY VEGETABLES
- Bacon (cubed)
- Butter (just a little… totally optional!)
- Courgette (zucchini)
- Chilli Powder
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Sugar snap peas
- Red peppers
- Goats Cheese
- Fry off the bacon, remove when crispy, leaving behind the drippings.
- Add the shallots, fry in bacon drippings for 2 minutes or so, add in a knob of butter (optional) and the courgettes. Cook for a few minutes allowing the courgettes to soak up the drippings.
- Add in Seasoning and stir another minute. Add in the remaining veg (and any others you might like).
- Cook til you are happy with the tenderness of the vegetables. Add in the goats cheese (cut up into chunks).
- Stir for a few minutes til the cheese goes gooey and soft and there are little chunks but also some coating of the vegetables too.
- Add back in the crunch bacon pieces.
- Plate up and garnish with prosciutto and olives.